Saturday, August 31, 2013

Another Website with Lots of Good Info

I keep forgetting to mention that when I met with the gal from the local organization called Melanoma Know More, we talked about all the websites we look at (at which we look, I guess would be more grammatically correct. Sorry...). I had not been to this one, but she mentioned it, and I think it has a TON of great info.  It's the New England Melanoma Foundation.

http://mfne.org/

Speaking of New England... Tim Tebow was cut from the Patriots. I know, I know. He has not been performing. But, he's such a good guy. A stand up guy. Really, I hope another team picks him up. 

It's also Labor Day Weekend. The official "end" of Summer. Ah, the kids in Michigan and Wisconsin have to finally go back to school!  :) Weather here is supposed to cool off next week, which will be such a welcome change to those of us who teach in the un-air-conditioned high school of stress.   Oops, I slipped. I forgot; trying to be positive!

I do try to lift up my coworkers in small ways. I was not a good example yesterday; I was a complainer with the rest of 'em. JoJo made me a flamingo (love love love them!) by paper quilling this past week. I asked her to make a few more animals, which she was glad to do. We then glued them to cutout paper apples, and Raye delivered them to some of my colleagues with a message of, "Have a good week!" They loved them, and it was a quick, easy way to encourage them. We have to that this year, or we'll never make it to May!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment