Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to School Blur

I did mention that I teach in a building that does NOT have air conditioning, right? :)  It is supposed to be even hotter this week...yippee.

I don't know if it's the heat or the change of routine, but my left leg was so swollen and sore after school started. Very odd. The left one is the one where I had the surgery- it was a very minor surgery. But, the incision site is so sore right now. I cannot figure it out. And it's not swollen today or much yesterday. Maybe here at home I can move more freely or sit when I feel like it, but at school it is very uncomfortable.

Hubby goes for his post-surgery follow up on Tuesday. His incision is almost unable to be noticed. I cannot believe it, and I'm sure that Dr. P will not be able to either. I told Hubby that I was feeling like that wasn't fair (because I have a huge, raised, bright red scar on my thigh- resembles an earthworm under the skin...not cool) that his scar is basically not even a scar. He replied that it wasn't his fault, and could I please not be mad at him? He told me I'm not allowed to lift up his shirt sleeve any more... grrrrrrr...  :)

In reality, I'm thankful that all is well. I'm just jealous that I don't heal as nicely as he does!

My mother in law even offered to pay for plastic surgery to revise the scar. She said that it just "shouldn't look like that." Hmmmm, I guess it does look kind of bad. But, I told her "no thanks" it's my reminder to take care of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment