Friday, August 30, 2013

It' Friday...

It is Friday. But, it was an in-service day. It was stressful; confusing; slightly unorganized; mildly annoying. Oh, wait. Sorry, I forgot. I'm being positive this year. 

Let me begin again.... We had an in-service today.

See, there. I can do it. I didn't have anything nice to say. So, I'm saying nothing.

In a nutshell, there are new requirements for teachers in our state. However, the details on the requirements are confusing, it's all new, and everyone is pretty much stressed out and freaking out. I saw 2 veteran teachers in tears today. How's that for your Friday of a long weekend?

My parents took the kids to the Y since the students did not have school. Everyone worked out and swam. No sunburn! My kids are so good at this.

The first football game of the season is tonight. That means that the first marching band performance is tonight. That's why we go. JoJo is in the band. I do feel badly for them- it's 92 degrees outside. A tad toasty in the big band uniform.  Report time isn't until 5:30- pre-game at 7:00. So, we shouldn't need sunscreen at the game. But, will still be wearing our hats.

Excited to see them. Go Rockets! Go Marching Rockets!

3 comments:

  1. i found your blog through your profile when you left comments on mine;) hello new friend;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Thanks for stopping by...I don't have much of a following, so please feel free to read away. I enjoy reading your posts, and of course, since we are across the country, the connection via melanoma is so cool. Glad to have a friend in the Pacific Northwest!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete