Saturday, August 31, 2013

I'm too old for working the concession stand....

Oh. My. Goodness.

Headed out to drop of JoJo at the game. The band reports at 5:30, game isn't until 7:30. We don't live in the district, the kids are open enrolled there because I teach there. So, it's really too far to drive home and then back for the game. So, Raye and I decided to stay and I was sure someone would need some help doing something.

What was I thinking?

They didn't have enough folks signed up to work the concession stand. Sure, I'll help. (I was thinking they would need me for, like, just a little bit...) Uh, no. The whole game. Like, I saw nothing. I heard the band (they sounded great!) but I saw no game, no band. I did, however, see about 900 hotdogs and 450 burgers. And yes, I put them on buns and wrapped them in foil. Raye got drinks out of the coolers and handed them to the customers. Her little arms are so sore today. It was 92 degrees, so I was very thankful to have my visor on. It worked as a sweat catcher in the booth. :) Yikes. I have newfound respect for the folks who do this every week.  It takes so much to make it happen. And yes, I'm signed up for 3 more games.

I think I'll see if I can pay someone to take my shifts. Seriously.

I feel like I've been through the ringer... someone under 40 needs to be doing this! ha ha

We did have to put sunscreen on- yes, people were looking at me like I was weird. Oh well, I guess I'd better get used to that. It's just what we do now.

I'm thinking nap today...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment