Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Super Quick Update

Surgery went well today- we are home now and hubby is icing the arm. Funny thing- we had the same nurse! She remembered us (because I got so freaked out and barfy when I saw my incision!) from our April visit. She is super nice- glad to see her again!

Pathology will be back early next week, so now we focus on praying for clear results there. And we focus on healing.

Hubby is feeling good. He looked so cute in the gown. The wait was lengthy, they were behind schedule. We are dinner out on the way home, and even ordered dessert...lots to be thankful for tonight. Love you so much, honey.

Another interesting thing from today is that I contacted a tshirt vendor today that we use at school. He is a graduate of our district, about my age. I told him my idea of the no-tanning pledge, and ran some ideas by him about putting together a t-shirt for this campaign ( I had an idea about the top 10 reasons that Rockets don't tan). He has had 3 bouts with melanoma in the last 10 years; the first one required 3 surgeries to rid the area of the melanoma. I had no idea.

That is far too many folks that we are connected to. It's touched so many lives.

Again, feeling very fortunate today that ours was caught early. Feeling very close to my hubby, as we are doing this together. We will keep fighting together, and we will do our best to educate and raise awareness.  I read so many stories about others who have a more difficult fight, a longer fight, or who were overcome during the fight.

I do not believe in luck; but I do know I'm fortunate. Perhaps I am meant to use my voice (and it's a loud one!) to raise awareness with our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment