Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Beautiful Friday

Very busy day for us today- hiked yesterday with grandpa to a waterfall that was a bit piddly...need more rain here!



Aren't they cute?
 
 
 
It really is a big waterfall area- would be quite impressive after a heavy rain. A steep hike down to the creek bed and this is out in the middle of nowhere. Glad that my dad went with us to navigate!
 
Hiked today at the Cincinnati Nature Center with a teacher friend and his 2 young boys. I won't complain about the hike, I didn't have a 25 pound toddler in a backpack on my back like he did (but he's also 10+ years younger than me!). We saw a deer near the trail today- and saw lots of places that would be good photo spots. I'm always looking for Christmas card material.
 
Speaking of which, don't you think this would be a good one? 
 
My leg; his arm. Mela-couple!

 

 



But here is the best of all. Hubby has given me my birthday presents early this year. He typically has not been able to ever keep anything until the birthday or Christmas... this year it's a melanoma themed day. We are headed to the Western and Southern Open in Mason, Ohio to be part of the sunscreen squad. All 4 of us will be wearing our Keep Calm and Get Your SPF On t-shirts and will be handing out sunscreen to the folks at the tournament. It's through the Andy Caress Foundation- http://www.andycaress.org/
 
So glad to be spending part of my day doing something worthwhile! And, so glad that we are doing this as a family. Thanks, peeps!
 
I digress...as usual. Anyhoo, hubby gave me melanoma awareness jewelry for my birthday. In his defense, he bought a new vehicle a couple of weeks ago (he hasn't owned a new vehicle in over 15 years...he was due), which he affectionately calls his "cancer truck."  :)
 
So, my bracelet (which I love, love love) comes from www.silveradojewelry.net
Love this, and see my Reebok step? I really do try to exercise!
 
 
My beautiful black diamond ring...this I love and I cannot tell you how beautiful it is. I wanted a black diamond ring for my middle finger, right hand. I'm a chunky chick, it's hard to find a size 10 ring.  And, it's hard to find one with black diamonds. We did a lot of searching and found this one, which I cannot tell you how much I love! I went to school today and was showing everyone who had eyes.  To them, it's just a birthday gift. To me, it's a melanoma reminder; which for me means to be mindful, thankful, vigilant, and aware. It also serves as a reminder of the melanoma connection to my hubby. Love you babe. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment