Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Surgery Day

It's finally here- surgery day for hubby. We leave in about an hour to head downtown to hurry up and wait. :) We know the routine, we've done it before. We know it's going to be ok and have no doubts that the results will come back clear. OK, let's be honest here. There are doubts...because we are human. But, it's still scary. It's still makes you nervous. My tummy is already flippity-flopping.

JoJo is at band camp, and Raye was just picked up by grandma and grandpa. They will both be staying the night with them tonight. (Thanks, mom and dad.)Mom and dad came by here on their way back from their derm appointment. The doctor they see is the one I used to see before switching to our current derm. I switched because it became too difficult to get appointments with Dr. M. So, mom and dad tell him I had/have (which is it- is it gone? Do I say had? Do I say have?)melanoma, and he of course, says he remembers me. He then goes on to say he hasn't seen me for 3-4 years (dad and I think he said that to relieve himself of any responsibility, lol). Of course, I've been seeing my new gal (longest we've ever had to wait for an appointment is 4 weeks; was 6 months at the old place!) regularly, and she caught this. Mom and dad go often, and have for years. Neither had to have anything removed today, which is a first!


I say that as I sit here with stitches in my forehead from a punch biopsy on Monday morning.
 
Photo by Raye...
 
I've never had a punch biopsy before. And, the poor gal assisting did not hold my hair up well enough from my forehead. I get home, and remove the Band-Aid (because I have to see it!) and there are 3 hairs from my head stitched into the hole in my head. I try to pull them out- duh, they are not going anywhere. So, I cut them. Crazy... I go back next week to have them out. Do I bring up the hair in my head at that point??? Supposed to keep it covered- yeah, nothing like a huge Band-Aid sticking out on your noggin'. We looked everywhere today for tiny band-aids. They don't make the super tiny rectangle ones anymore (we used to have them in the 70's). So, now I'm just cutting them down .
 
 
OK, enough babbling. Off to the hospital we go. This time, I'll be in the waiting room. Yikes...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment