Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School Monday...

OK, so technically we aren't back to school. Today and tomorrow are work days. That means I have to go, and the kids get to go to grandma and grandpa's!

Good to see all my friends today, although we could've done without the training. Yawn...Teachers are the worst at sitting still and being quiet. Kind of ironic, huh? :)

One of the elementary teachers, who lost her sister to melanoma some years back, asked me how I was feeling. I don't know why, but it just felt so good to have her ask me that.  My response was, "Great; really great!" Because I do really feel good. Thanks, Carla!

Got the ok for Raye to keep sunscreen and hat at school for recess/PE class. That makes me feel good, wasn't sure how much of a hassle that was going to be. I hope she is a trend setter over there. She wants to start a melanoma club (God bless her, I told her no one would want to actually be in the melanoma club...ha ha. She rolled her eyes at me, of course, saying maybe it should be called a sun safety club...). Love that they are on board with this.  JoJo is already planning where to stash her sunscreen and hat (marching band is the last class of the day, so she'll be in the sun). My hope is that we stay the course and truly continue to make this our lifestyle- even if we go years with clear results.

Of course, loved showing off my new ring. :)   :)

I even had sunscreen in my bag and a football coach and my friend the art teacher both took it and applied at the end of the day as they were headed outside for practice and a run. While they teased me saying, "Thanks, mom!" they know I've got their back. At least in the sunscreen area.

Maybe that can be my new name- Sunscreen Stege-mama.... 

1 comment:

  1. I love that your daughter is so ready to promote sun safety! That is awesome. I also love that her school is willing to allow sunscreen. We haven't been able to achieve that with the soon-to-be step son's school. His daycare just started applying sunscreen to kids this summer so maybe we'll get there soon!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete