Wednesday, July 24, 2013

You've Got to be Kidding...

Hubby arrived home early from work yesterday- this never happens. So, naturally I'm concerned as he asks me to come to the garage to talk. So the kids don't hear. Did he wreck the car? Lose his job? Is someone we know hurt?

He got a call from the derm today about the biopsies from last week. One is positive for melanoma the other isn't back yet.

He tells me that I'm not alone anymore in this melanoma thing; he has it too.

It's early and it's a thin melanoma (0.4mm) but it's still melanoma. And we still have to go through the processes and the surgery. Mind you, he's recovering from a 3rd surgery to his wrist as we speak. It's just a lot to take in.

The good in this? We have been vigilant since my diagnosis. As a matter of fact, I told him that I probably just saved his life (by making him go to the derm again this year...). We have been through this once before, so we know what to expect and we know what questions to ask.  We know it's early, so that is good.  But, we also know we are scared and this is not something we ever thought would happen.

Aren't we a pair?


          

No comments:

Post a Comment