Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Countdown to School....already?

Yes, it's that time of summer again. We are dangerously close to August. (Sigh...) But, we are determined to make the most of it and be thankful that we had all these days off! Note to self, we had way too many appointments this summer (thanks, dermatologist!) and maybe next summer we can get those all scheduled in a shorter time frame. I feel like we've run, run, run all summer. And, I feel like the people at the dermatologists' office know us way too well!

Today, this is the perfect reminder:


I saw this as a posting on a blog that I follow and it really does put things into perspective.

As far as back to school goes, I have a pact with a colleague at school for this coming year. Our little school has faced a lot of challenges in the last few years with funding cuts, staff reductions, and staff turn over.  We did not end the school year on a positive note. A lot of folks were tired, frustrated, and on the verge of giving up.  So, we have decided to be positive- to walk away from gossip and complaining. I think I'll be doing a lot of walking...because I'm usually the one gossiping and complaining if the truth be told....We are going to try to unite the team and have a great year. We will keep trying and not give in to the frustration. Sounds good now; I wonder where we will be by Thanksgiving break? Maybe this year we should really think of the year in chunks of time. I know gals who do that when they can't bear the thought of returning to school after a maternity leave. Just get through to President's Day, then we'll have a few days off...Maybe there's something to that for all of us. Visualize the scheduled breaks as truly breaks and try to keep energized. I really think it's going to take a concentrated effort. But, I'm willing to give it a try and I think it will be great to have some other folks on board as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment