Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tanning Bed Shut Down

I went for a pedicure and hair color today (I needed the color. The pedi was a splurge!) and when I got to the door of the salon, there was a sign that said:

Tanning beds closing October 1

I talked to my pedi person about it. She is the daughter of the owner of the salon.  She said that new laws and regulations are making it too much of a hassle to keep them. She also said they aren't much of a money maker for them. They are putting massage tables in their place.  We discussed tanning by minors, and she agreed that it should be regulated.

The bad thing is that the owner is taking one bed to her house and another stylist is taking the other to hers. Neither of them can be convinced that they should have their skin checked.

At least one salon here is banning the indoor tan.

1 comment:

  1. tanning bed shut down, four of my favorite word:) yes!! yes!! yes!!

    ReplyDelete