Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cancer is Everywhere...

Today at school, I heard from the Guidance Secretary that the dad of on of our custodians was diagnosed with melanoma. She told him that he just had to come talk to me! I gave him a call when I got home and left a message for him to feel free to contact me.  That initial diagnosis can be so scary.

Saturday, the 4 of us will participate in the Ovarian Cancer Awareness Power Teal 5k here in Cincinnati.

A colleague of mine lost his mom to ovarian cancer last year, and his family is getting a team together. We've been good friends for a while and I really enjoy working with him. His sister is also a melanoma girl. So, there is a connection there. I've not met her, but will meet her on Saturday. I'm looking forward to making a melanoma friend while honoring and remembering women who are fighting the teal beast.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment