Thursday, September 19, 2013

Reminded of an old Ozzy Song....

No, I'm not a fan of Ozzy. I am a fan of Sharon, however. Loved her on AGT...Back in the day, Ozzy had a song and the lyrics went something like this:

"I'm going off the rails on a crazy train..."

Yes, my work life is crazy. People have referred to our building as a "train wreck." The situation there is a bit crazy. Morale continues to plummet.

What is one to do?

Overwhelming at times. Then add in all the other normal life stuff and it's becomes very overwhelming. I am so glad, though, that I work with folks with whom I can be honest. Lunch time is a venting time, but bouncing thoughts and ideas off these women is amazing. I am thankful to work with such awesome people.

You have to worry about what you can control. This is hard for me to do. I want to control everything.  And always around the corner is the thought of melanoma. Again, I know I'm in the group of folks with great numbers and great chances. But, you cannot help but think of it. I think of it every day.

I think of it when I stand up and my leg still hurts; when I put on sunscreen and my big hat  to walk across the parking lot to pick up Raye from school; every time I see my scar (read: go to the bathroom or change clothes); and every time one of those shooting pains strikes (several times a day).

It's never far from my thoughts. Yet, I have no control.

I have no control over the crazy train either. But, it's my world from 7am-2:30.

All I can do is try to make my stop, Room 101, be a good stop on the train ride for these kids every day.

Toot, toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment